Service quality and complaints

All users of the health and social services network of Québec are entitled to receive quality services. That’s why recourse is available for people who are not satisfied with the care and services received.

If you are not satisfied or if you have the impression that your rights were not respected, it is recommended that you first address the issue with the staff or a person in charge of the facility in question. This simple step often leads to a satisfactory solution. However, if your dissatisfaction persists, we recommend that you contact the Service Quality and Complaints Commissioner for assistance or to file a complaint.

Filing a complaint is a constructive action that ensures the respect of users and contributes to improving the quality of health services and social services. You are entitled to file a confidential complaint without any risk of reprisal.

Filing a complaint

In accordance with the Act respecting health and social services, the user or their representative, heirs or legal representatives of a deceased user can file a complaint concerning the health services or social services they received, should have received, are receiving or require.

Medical examiners process the complaints filed regarding a physician, dentist, pharmacist or resident. To reach a medical examiner, contact the Commissariat aux plaintes et à la qualité des services.

You can file a verbal or written complaint by contact us or using the following form:

How to contact us

Service Quality and Complaints Commissioner

Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux de Lanaudière
1000, boulevard Sainte-Anne, Saint-Charles-Borromée (Québec)  J6E 6J2

Telephone: 450 759-5333, extension 402133
Toll-free: 1 800 229-1152, extension 402133
Fax: 450 756-0598

E-mail: Ouvre une fenêtre pour la rédaction du

You can receive assistance at any time during the complaints process from the following organizations:

Reporting a situation of maltreatment

The local Service Quality and Complaints Commissioner is also responsible for processing reports under the anti-maltreatment policy adopted in accordance with the Act to combat maltreatment of seniors and other persons of full age in vulnerable situations, and, when the situation reported must be processed by another body, directing the person filing the report to this body.

You can report a situation verbally or in writing using the following form:

Have you been a witness to maltreatment?

Consult the section Ouvre un lien interne dans la fenêtre courantePersonnes âgées/maltraitance (in French only).

The Complaints Process

If, after 45 days, you have not received a response from the Commissioner or if you do not agree with the conclusions drawn, you may contact the Québec Ombudsman (Protecteur du citoyen). The Québec Ombudsman is entirely independent from health institutions and ministries. The Ombudsman will reevaluate your complaint and inform you of the final decision.

Protecteur du citoyen
525 René-Lévesque Blvd. E., Suite 1.25
Québec (Québec)  G1R 5Y4

Toll-free: 1 800 463-5070
Fax: 1 866 902-7130

E-mail: Ouvre une fenêtre pour la rédaction du

Web site: /typo3conf/l10n/fr/rtehtmlarea/Resources/Private/Language/fr.locallang_accessibilityicons.xlf:external_link_new_window_altText

If you have not received the conclusions of the medical examiner 45 days after receipt of your complaint or if you are dissatisfied with the conclusions, you can contact the review committee.

Review committee
Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux de Lanaudière
1000, boulevard Sainte-Anne, Saint-Charles-Borromée (Québec)  J6E 6J2

Telephone: 450-759-5333, extension 402133
Toll-free: 1-800-229-1152, extension 402133
Fax: 450-756-0598

E-mail:  Ouvre une fenêtre pour la rédaction du